Drymix Bitumen introduces an innovative bag concept that can be filled with up 1000kg of bitumen. It is especially designed for companies with special logistics requirements. With this system, the bitumen is heated at the application site. It’s structure ensures the simultaneous transport of large quantities of bitumen and its long-term storage capability drastically reduces energy costs. Drymix Bitumen offers numerous environmental, safety and stock management advantages.
1. QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENT
- The inner liner bag material is melted and therefore integrated with the bitumen at final application, reducing the waste production. This system reduces the number of heating-cooling cycles, therefore guarantying the bitumen quality.
- Used outer bag material can be used as construction material (fabric for soil stabilization), or recycled.
- The bags can be stored at any place available for an extended period of time.
- The bags can be easily handled by a forklift and loaded. Any means of transportation is applicable: truck, container, train, high-sea ship.
- Designed and certified for transport of viscous liquids.Classification as non-hazardous (cold bitumen).
3. STOCKS MANAGEMENT
- As the bags can be stored in most places and for extended periods of time the customer can counter-act season price drifts.
- The bag is a self-stabilizing, flexible bag made of plastic and has been specifically optimized for loading into 20 ft. containers and on trucks.
- Stacking in two layers is possible to utilize volume and weight capacity of the container.
- If stored in hot humid places not under shelter then you will need to stabilise the bags by tying them together.
- Resistant to rain but need some cover if high UV.
4. REDUCING TRANSPORT COSTS
- Based on 1000 kg bags, the container can be loaded with 20 tons, representing a reduction of 20% on transport costs, compared with most alternative solutions.
5. REDUCING ENERGY COSTS
- The bag is stored and transported at ambient temperature, without energy costs.Melting the product is less expensive when compared with traditional solutions (metal drums and bitutainers).
6. REDUCE WASTE
- Bags have no waste at all compared to drums or Hot Bitumen trucks (approx. 5% wastage)